Backgrounds

Standard

Today i have been playing with some new toys, and have been making some background pages for my art journal.I’m finding i can make the backgrounds without to much trouble, but struggle to take it to the next level.

Last weekend i brought 3 Dylusions ink and 2 stensils, and today i finally had a good play. I tried the inks on pages with and without gesso to see how they react, and what the colour is like. I’m liking what i see!.

this is a more completed background, now awaiting the next step – whatever that may be – Pinterest to the rescue i think!.

Image

the turquoise ink and harlequin stensil are new, the rest of the things i already had. the orange is much more vibrant in real life.

i’ve also got an orange and pink page started but not worth showing yet!.

In other news, theres been no baking since the banana muffins, as my oven has packed a sad pretty much straight afterwards. I have a new oven being delivered on monday. Not much else to report, I’ve watched loads of Olympics and not done alot else – NZ is on about 5 golds now, and team GB have done fantastically!!.

Advertisements

One response »

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s