Hi everyone. I’m a few days late with the reading challenge as I wasn’t well at the weekend, and I’m not really using my sisters computer equipment so am finding what I want to do not as easy as it would be at home!
As seems to be the norm lately, I only have one book to review/cross off my list.
it’s called “The House we Grew up In” by Lisa Jewel. I’ve read a lot of Jewel’s work over the years and enjoy her books immensely. This read is my ‘ book from an author you love that you haven’t read yet’!
I enjoyed the book, but at the same time, found it quite frustrating as it kept jumping backwards and forwards in time, and sometimes it would take me a few paragraphs to realise that I was back in a different time. I also didn’t read it as quickly as I have read other books of hers.
the story centers around a family home and the lives of the family who live there for many years, hence the jump in time as the past is remembered as well as present day. I cant give too much
more away or I’ll ruin the story for anyone wishing to read it!
Now, over to you…..
Welcome to the 2015 Reading Challenge Party based on the list devised by Popsugar.
Each month we’ll share what we’ve read during the past month based on the categories set on the challenge list. We can use this link up to find more books to add to our reading pile, ask for ideas or suggestions for categories we may not be familiar with and read reviews of the books by participants. We might also gain a few more readers or cyber buddies along the way.
RULES (cos there needs to be a few!)
- Link directly to your reading challenge post please.
- Try to include photos of book covers, but if you can’t, at least give both the name and the author of the books you’re reviewing. Also indicate which category the book falls under ( feel free to double up, if you’re not a huge reader)
- Keep a tally of how many you’ve read vs how many to go e.g. 3/50
- Take some time to check out the other blogs in the party and comment, you might gain a new cyber buddy!.
- Remember to link back to this party in your post, and feel free to grab the button over there on the right hand side of the screen. ** I still need to change the wording on the button, now the party is only monthly!.
- Links that do not follow the rules or appear to be spam will be deleted.
please join in! –